Volunteer: Make a World of Difference
IN-PERSON VOLUNTEER SHIFTS
As an organization dedicated to public health, we feel it is our responsibility to do what is right for the public good. Therefore, we will be requiring all staff, volunteers, and anyone entering our building to show proof of full vaccination and wear a mask while in our building.
Here are some updates/changes we have made to keep everyone safe.
- If you are not signed up, you will not be able to attend. We will be enforcing this policy for the safety of our volunteers and staff.
- You will receive an email reminder 3 days prior to each shift. If you cannot attend that shift, please click the cancelation link in that email to let us know. Since spots are limited, it is important for you to use that link and let us know if you are unable to attend for any reason.
- All volunteers must sign up for volunteer shifts in advance via our new web sign up system.
- We will be disinfecting surfaces frequently.
- The café area will be closed.
- Shift size will be limited to 15 volunteers total at any one time to ensure safe physical distancing.
- Volunteers must show proof of full vaccination and wear a mask while in our building.
To sign up for a specific volunteer shift, click here.
Volunteer shifts will be the following:
- Tuesday Morning 10am -12pm - PACKING
- Tuesday Afternoon 1-3 pm - PACKING
- Wednesday Morning 10am -12pm - SORTING
- Wednesday Afternoon 1-3 pm - PACKING
- Thursday Morning 10am -12pm - SORTING
REMOTE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Not comfortable volunteering in person? We get it. You can still help Global Links by Assembling Personal Care Kits at home!
Register Here to receive detailed written and video instructions and get started!
Life-saving, not land-filling.
That's the power of your time.
Each year Global Links recovers an average of 300 tons of still-valuable surplus medical materials from our region’s healthcare systems. It is the work of volunteers that helps to ensure that materials are ready to save lives in resource-poor communities.
Working together in our Volunteer Service Center in Green Tree volunteers ensure that the materials and supplies used in our programs are of the highest quality. Schools, corporations, community, and faith-based groups, and individuals of all abilities are encouraged to participate in our work.
All volunteers under the age of 18 should download this waiver, have it signed by a parent or guardian, and bring it with them the first time they volunteer at Global Links.
To schedule a shift, choose one of the following.