- Capital Campaign
- About Global Links
- Latin America and Caribbean Program
- Suture Program
- Community Partners
- Medical Service Trips
- Environmental Stewardship in Healthcare
- Breathe Hope
- Get Involved
- Stay Informed
International Medical Aid Program
Global Links works in resource-poor communities in Latin America and the Caribbean. Collaborating with partners at all levels – the Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization, the Ministries of Health in each country, municipal governments, local hospitals, health centers, and doctors in the field - ensures that our projects will make a lasting improvement in each country’s healthcare infrastructure. These partnerships have always been essential components of our model of targeted aid through cooperation, and provide the framework for our mission.
Please visit InterAction’s NGO Aid Map for an interactive view of some of Global Links’ projects.
A note on statistics:
- All statistics come from the World Health Organization Global Health Observatory website. Unless otherwise noted, the figures are from 2013.
- Infant Mortality Rate refers to the probability of an infant’s dying between birth and age one, per 1,000 live births.
- Maternal Mortality Rate refers to the number of maternal deaths, per 100,000 live births.
For comparison, rates in the United States are
Life expectancy: 79
Infant Mortality Rate: 6
Maternal Mortality Ratio: 28