Today, more care is taking place outside of traditional healthcare facilities. Many patients and families are dealing with surplus and no longer needed supplies that can't be returned to the manufacturer.
Global Links' Community Collection Network provides convenient drop-off spots where the public can take surplus medical supplies and home care materials.
700 Trumbull Drive,
Pittsburgh (Green Tree), PA 15205
Summer hours: M-Th 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. & F 9 a.m - 3 p.m.
214 N. Lexington Street
Pittsburgh (East End), PA 15208
M-Sat 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., Sunday 10a.m. - 5 p.m.
The Jewish Association on Aging
200 JHF Drive
Pittsburgh (Squirrel Hill), PA 15217
M-F 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. or 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Please call before dropping items off - (412) 420-4000
Global Links also partners with Goodwill of Southwestern PA. Unneeded medical supplies and equipment in good condition can be donated to regional stores. Items not used by Goodwill will be shared with Global Links.
We CAN accept:
- Canes, crutches, walkers and IV poles
- Wheelchairs, MANUAL, complete and no rust
- Shower chairs/benches, in good condition
- Raised toilet seats, in good condition
- Incontinence supplies
- Nebulizer machines and accessories
- Portable suction pumps
- Blood pressure monitors (non-mercury)
- Liquid nutrition - oral
- Flavored only
- 3 months dating
- Unopened medical supplies
- No patient contact
- Must not expire for 13 months
We CANNOT accept:
- EXPIRED supplies or supplies that will expire within the next 13 months
- Broken anything
- Portable commodes
- Medications or narcotics
- CPAP or BiPAP machines or accessories
- Defibrillators or accessories
- Glucometers or test strips
- Insulin pumps
- Homecare beds
- Used orthopedic items
- Mercury-containing devices
- Chemicals, reagents or hazardous waste
- Oxygen tanks
- Liquid nutrition, tube fed or powdered
- Motorized scooters