- Capital Campaign
- About Global Links
- Latin America and Caribbean Program
- Suture Program
- Community Partners
- Medical Service Trips
- Environmental Stewardship in Healthcare
- Breathe Hope
- Get Involved
- Stay Informed
New Baby Collection
Global Links regularly donates medical materials to improve conditions in maternity wards in resource-poor areas, helping women deliver their babies in safe and clean environments. We also provide new parents with carefully selected supplies for after the baby arrives, all packed in a sturdy, handmade bag.
There are many ways to help with this project:
- Donate supplies from this list
- or from this Target or Amazon list; gift cards are also welcome.
- Host a "Baby Shower” – ask your guests to provide baby clothing or other supplies from the above lists, and show them a video about our work. Email us for details.
- Make a bag yourself, following these instructions. Completed bags can be mailed to Global Links, or dropped off at 700 Trumbull Drive, Pittsburgh PA 15205.
The bags are greatly appreciated:
To: Hospital Armando E. Cardoso in Guaimaro, Cuba
“Through this note, I would like to express how appreciative and happy I was to receive a mother baby bag filled with various items when I came to give birth at your facility. The bag made me so happy because it contained items I wasn’t able to afford for my baby at the time. Thank you for the medical care I received, the free gift and a special thanks to the director of the unit for ensuring that this gift arrived in our hands. On my behalf, as well as on behalf of all the mothers that were at the hospital giving birth and received your bags, I send you a kiss and a hug to thank you with all my heart.”
Maylin Aguilar Castellanos