- Capital Campaign
- About Global Links
- Get Involved
- Stay Informed
If you work at a healthcare facility, visit Environmental Stewardship in Healthcare for more information on cutting costs and reducing environmental impact through a medical surplus recovery program with Global Links.
To donate medical product or for more information on establishing a medical supply recovery program, please contact Matt Fuller, our Medical Outreach Manager.
Hospital and Healthcare Facility Donations
Global Links accepts:
- Surgical instruments
- Single-use supplies that have had no patient contact and will not expire for 13 months. This may include syringes, gauze, sutures, catheters, ambus, etc.
- Hospital furnishings including hospital beds, mattresses, exam tables, cribs, bassinets, stacking chairs, carts, and gurneys.
- Hospital linens and scrubs. Find out how to organize an employee scrub drive.
- Durable medical equipment like wheelchairs, crutches, canes, nebulizers, etc.
- Biomedical equipment in working order. Healthcare facilities should complete and return this form to our Medical Outreach Manager with a photo of the equipment.
Global Links CANNOT accept:
- EXPIRED supplies or supplies that will expire within the next 12 months
- Printer/toner cartridges, film
- Chemicals, reagents, or hazardous waste
- Gases or gas tanks
- Exposed sharps
- Printed materials, forms, or brochures
- BROKEN furnishings, equipment, or instruments
- Experimental or recalled products
- Human tissue
Home Health Equipment
Global Links collects items from this list. Donations can be dropped off at Global Links’ headquarters, 700 Trumbull Dr., Pittsburgh, PA 15205 Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please note: during the summer we close at 3 p.m. on Fridays. These donations may also be dropped off at Construction Junction, 214 N. Lexington St., Pittsburgh 15208.
You can support our work and improve global healthcare by organizing a Global Links community collection such as those listed on our Volunteer Page. For information on organizing a community collection, contact Stacy Bodow, our Community Engagement Manager.