- Capital Campaign
- About Global Links
- Get Involved
- Stay Informed
Visit Environmental Stewardship in Healthcare for more information on cutting costs and reducing environmental impact through a medical surplus recovery program with Global Links.
To donate medical product or for more information on establishing a medical supply recovery program, please contact Global Links Medical Outreach Manager.
Hospital and Healthcare Facility Donations
Global Links accepts:
- Single-use supplies dated one year in the future that have had no patient contact (syringes, gauze, sutures, catheters, ambus, etc.).
- Hospital furnishings, including hospital beds, mattresses, exam tables, cribs, bassinets, stacking chairs, carts and gurneys.
- Hospital linens and scrubs. Find out how to organize an employee scrub drive.
- Durable medical equipment (wheelchairs, crutches, canes, nebulizers, etc.)
- Biomedical equipment in working order. Please complete and return this form to Global Links Medical Outreach Manager with a photo of the equipment.
- Surgical instruments.
Global Links CANNOT accept:
- Global Links CANNOT accept:
- EXPIRED or short-dated supplies or solutions
- Printer/toner cartridges, film
- Chemicals, reagents or hazardous waste
- Gases or gas tanks
- Exposed sharps
- Printed materials, forms, brochures, or paper
- BROKEN furnishings or instruments
- Experimental or recalled products
- Human tissue
Home Health Equipment
Global Links collects items from this list. Donations can be dropped off at Global Links Office/Sorting Facility, 700 Trumbull Dr. Monday through Friday, 9:00 to 4:00. These donations may also be dropped off at Construction Junction, 214 N. Lexington St., Pittsburgh 15208, weekdays from 8:00 to 5:00, Saturday 9:00 to 5:00, and Sunday 11:00 to 4:00.
In addition, anyone can support our work and improve global healthcare by organizing a Global Links community collection such as those listed on our Volunteer Page. For information on organizing a community collection, contact Stacy Bodow.